Who Mo’ Bajan – Me or You? A challenge to beat my most Bajan Bajanisms

TUUUUUURN UP YAH MADDAAAAIndependence here again, peoples: NAMBA 52So you know wa dah mean, right ? Iz time, my fellow Ba'badians, to tuuuuuuurn up yah Bajaaaaann!!!Dah is wa YOU'S ta turn up! Becausin, along wid conkies and national colours, wa more Bajan than your vernacular - the language uz speak when de day come? Your first … Continue reading Who Mo’ Bajan – Me or You? A challenge to beat my most Bajan Bajanisms

Women have a right to wear what they want (and not be harassed) but I’ll never like seeing a man’s package printing in pants

I looked up from my gym workout the other day just in time to see a man's penis, jiggling coming my direction in his too-tight gym pants. I found this sight to be highly offensive. My first thought: "I ain come here to see THAT!!!" A few minutes later I saw a woman's breasts jumping … Continue reading Women have a right to wear what they want (and not be harassed) but I’ll never like seeing a man’s package printing in pants

“I acknowledge you exist, and agree not to kill you” – Barbados & its apathetic disinterest in LGBT issues

In 2013, CADRES conducted a poll on behalf the HIV/AIDS commission of Barbados, revealing 39% of the Barbadian public to be 'Tolerant' of homosexuals. This, coupled with the 28% who described themselves as being 'Accepting' of homosexuals, suggested that collectively 67% - two thirds - of Barbadians were at least Tolerant of LGBT people (and … Continue reading “I acknowledge you exist, and agree not to kill you” – Barbados & its apathetic disinterest in LGBT issues

#PopDownElections – Froons vs Mia vs…If Barbados had a National Debate

Barbados elections have not featured a nationally televised debate - between party leaders or otherwise - for the country's last several elections. This piece imagines what a 2018 Leader debate would look like, told from the perspective of the show's producer:- Showtime is 2000 hours The guest list reads: Leader of the DLP - The … Continue reading #PopDownElections – Froons vs Mia vs…If Barbados had a National Debate

#PopDownElections – Why Politics and Religion Don’t Fcuking Mix

  Politics in Barbados is a fete. Politicians, their parties & bases are the performers. And you - the voting public - are the fete patrons. You know, from going fetes in Barbados, that the quickest way for a performer to get “the crowd in he hand” is to start playing “chi chi man” tunes, or … Continue reading #PopDownElections – Why Politics and Religion Don’t Fcuking Mix

#PopDownElections – People Who Don’t Vote – Why I Get It & Why I Don’t

I try writing a blog post convincing people to vote no matter how they feel bout the system, but cun even manage to convince myself, fam. This is it, THEE most pop down parta Barbados’ 2018 #PopDownElections - the multitude of people not planning to vote on May 24 - and I, political analyst, can’t say … Continue reading #PopDownElections – People Who Don’t Vote – Why I Get It & Why I Don’t

#PopDown Elections – Freundel Stuart – The Mind of the Man who made you WAIT (before GIVING IT UP)

(STEVE HARVEY & FREUNDEL BOTH MAKE YOU WAIT 90 DAYS BEFORE YOU DO YOUR THING) One thing you can’t fault Freundel Stuart for: The man make SURE you learn the ins and outs of the constitution of Barbados before he call a election date. By time Freundel done with you – that is, you, ya sista, … Continue reading #PopDown Elections – Freundel Stuart – The Mind of the Man who made you WAIT (before GIVING IT UP)